Sunday, May 24, 2009

Appalachian Trail, Dicks Creek Gap


This was the end of the end of the trail for me. I've completed my goal of hiking all of the AT in Georgia and live to blog about it. I write 'the end of the end' because the end (first one) was at the North Carolina - Georgia state line. The second end was at Dicks Creek Gap, as shown in this image, showing I made it back to the car. This picture was taken after hiking 13.1 miles, which is rather modest for AT standards. More pictures are on the Picasa web site.

3 comments:

Lorena Holmstead, CHBP, CRTS, LSH said...

Way to go Curtis! That is so exciting. I know you have had this goal on your list for a long time. I wish we lived closer and could have joined you.

WhettenWild said...

That is really cool! That is a lot of hiking. I've said it before....you are a hikin' machine!

croc said...

awesome captions to your awesome pictures. :)