Thursday, January 21, 2010

More about the MLK parade

Sis. Howerton, who put a lot of work into the organization of the parade shared this photo. The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of participating in this parade. It's a simple way of showing respect and appreciation for the tremendous change brought about by Martin Luther King Jr.
I once commented to a man from India about how much I respected Ghandi for the peaceful change he was able to bring about in India. The man said "Oh, no. I still think the other way would have been better." He had his reasons for believing an armed conflict would have been better. He could justify it in his own mind. So I can believe there are people out there who believe a violent uprising would have been a better way to gain civil rights. There are also people who believe man never made it to the moon. Our society has progressed in so many ways, but coming to an understanding of the truth is not one of them. We are just as easy to be fooled as ever before - probably more so than ever before as morality declines and the source of truth is kept away by the stench of our immorality.
Dr. King, I salute you for believing in the Lord and being a peace maker. Thank you.

No comments: