Sunday, July 24, 2011

A year from Spain

The transition from March to April marks the 1 year pre-anniversary of our trip to Spain.  Let me explain that more clearly.  We are planning on being in Spain at the end of March and beginning of April 2012.  As a teaser, my good friend Paco sent me a CD with pictures of Galicia, the province in the North West corner of Spain.


For many centuries, pilgrims have been walking from all over Europe to Santiago de Campostela in Galicia, where they believe the apostle James is buried.  Paco and I will be either biking or hiking the Camino de Santiago in Galicia.

It would be fun to hike the entire Camino from France to Santiago, but I might not be in shape for that just yet.  I know our budget is not and I know my responsibilities at work won't allow it.  Let's try this out and maybe later do the rest.

Michelle is not particularly interested in walking for three or four days.  Paco's wife, Idoya, has graciously agreed to host Michelle while we hike.  They will meet us at an Inn for lunch and then at the next one for dinner and to spend the night.  When I say Inn, I mean the real thing.  They are not like anything we've seen in the US, since they've been around since before the US existed.

Paco is an excellent photographer - I'm honored that he let me show these to you.  His CD also included pictures of the Picos de Europa in Northern Spain.  I'm reserving those for now.  Picos de Europa are the most beautiful mountains in Spain.  Some time soon, I hope to spend a couple of weeks there.

1 comment:

Elaine Brown Billings said...

You are so adventurous. That is going to be so fun. It was so good to see you guys at Jarom's reception.