Thursday, February 14, 2008

Big Momma's Rose

About 15 minutes walking from Big Creek campground will get you to Big Momma's place. It's a little store/restaurant/hiker's hangout where you can set up a tent in the yard, take a shower in the back, order a stack of pancakes for breakfast and stock up for a few more days on the trail. For a nominal fee, you can get a ride up the mountain road to where the AT crosses it. Out of curiosity, and to spend some more time talking/learning from some through hikers I met there, I signed up for the shuttle. While I was waiting, I met this most interesting rose on the right side of the entrance to the store. This has turned out to be one of my favorite rose pictures. So many others have turned out unworthily blah relative to the subject. I keep this one in my folder of preferred pictures. The others have been deleted or relegated to the humdum folder. Tomorrow I'll show you another of my favorite roses. For now, here's a zoomed in detail of Big Momma's Rose.

No comments: