Saturday, June 14, 2008

On the green theme

I like this image because of the many hues between yellow and green. You might find something different that appeals to you... or maybe nothing at all, and you'll go on. If you stay and study it, notice how each leaf has 5 veins on each side, maybe 6. Notice how the smallest leaves are symmetrical to each other, and the next larger set are symmetrical, but at 90 degrees to the newest leaves. I wonder what makes some leaves yellow and others green.
This picture was taken at the U.S. Botanic Garden, on the Mall in Washington D.C., while Matt patiently waited, November 2006.

2 comments:

Josher said...

ooooh Dad! I like this one a lot! I could send you pictures of the moss we're trying to grow and it's varying degrees of "life" and "death". I think this picture is fantastic, though! You should do a red theme next. Issa

Anonymous said...

Color is a really great theme and I can imagine a beautiful book compiled of all the many brilliant colors found in nature. You really have an eye for detail and color and I'm sure you already have an entire spectrum of images. I would really love to see them curated together with color.