Sunday, June 15, 2008

Otro verde

I've been thinking about Willow's comment regarding "...a spectrum of images curated by color." I hope to talk with her more about the idea. I've added the image below for the contrast of the lines. There are long lines in this picture, as in the lilies further below; but here the lines curved and more jumbled.

Before ending the green sequence, I needed to add this landscape. For me, this picture has the feel of a forest on a mountain side. There's topography and variety in plant growth.
This moss picture was taken along the trail up Mt. LeConte in the Great Smokey Mountains National Forest, Saturday, March 20th, 2002. Mt. LeConte was Bob Kassow's favorite hike in the Smokey Mountains. Bob is gone now, but he was probably with me when I took this picture. Well, no, not really. He was probably 1/4 mile further up the trail.



A continuation of the green sequence, this is the base of some lilies taken the morning of March 27th, 2005.

No comments: