Sunday, July 5, 2009

Miss 'Zilla

One day, while Matt and I were collecting Fast Offerings, one of the doors we knocked on was answered by young Spencer C.
Draped over Spencer's shoulder was the most beautiful reptile I've ever seen. Her name, Spencer told me, is Godzilla. But she goes by Zilla - maybe out of respect for deity.
Zilla is a bearded dragon. She likes to eat crunchy worms, and she enjoys being stroked under the chin. Her scales are so sharp, you can only rub in one direction. Rubbing against the grain is worse than rubbing the roughest sand paper.
Several months after meeting Zilla, at Ward pancake breakfast for the 4th of July, I had a chance encounter with Spencer at the orange juice jug. Knowing my interest in Zilla, he revealed that the family would be going out of town for the holiday. I jumped at the chance to offer my services for taking care of Zilla while they were away. The next day, I received the call from Spencer. Yes! I could take Zilla for the weekend!! Here she is:



1 comment:

Lorena Holmstead, CHBP, CRTS, LSH said...

That last picture is a little too close for comfort!! I got the willies...