Sunday, July 5, 2009

Zilla: Details


Detail 3
This is part of my 'artsy' collection of photos. Today it's my favorite.
It's impossible to rub your finger along these scales from right to left, without shredding your skin.

In the image below, you really have to click on the picture to get the full story I'm trying to tell.


Detail 15
The image above is the 'beard' of the Bearded Dragon.


Detail 11
This detail is taken at the neck of the dragon.


Detail 16
These spikes look painful, but they're actually quite soft. It's the scales that are sharp when you rub them the wrong direction. She doesn't really hurt, though. Sweet 'Zilla.

2 comments:

croc said...

I like the details you write and how well your detailed photographs turn out. :) Also, I wonder if people are like miss zilla in that they have scales and spikes but really, when you get to know them, they aren't that scary.

Lorena Holmstead, CHBP, CRTS, LSH said...

Wow - you are good at getting that detail in! Great post!