Saturday, February 6, 2010

Do you sometimes feel totally barren...


I do. Like, tonight I do. It's been gray, cold and rainy the past couple of days. Tomorrow the sun should shine - they say.
One bright spot happened today. Michelle's friend, Pui, came to visit her. She brought her some treats, including cherry ice cream - which Michelle is not a big fan of, but I AM. But, since I'm fasting, that's not the bright spot I'm writing about. Pui is a graphic designer. So when she explained how much she liked the plant shelf I made for Michelle's birthday, well... it just really made me feel good. I feel motivated to make another one now and put it up for sale at a consignment shop I pass everyday on the way to work. I dropped in there today and spoke with Pat, the owner, about the idea and she liked it. Maybe I'll see if I can move some of the flower pictures through there too. Thanks Pui!

2 comments:

Clarissa said...

AWESOME! When you retire, you should be a woodworker. You would take great photos of your stuff! Then, we'll get you an ETSY site where you can meet all kinds of neat people and be inspired by their work.

You're like totally awesome, Dad!

croc said...

I concur. :)