Saturday, March 29, 2008

A "Colonies" connection clear over here.

Today I found that you can meet people with roots in the Colonies all over the world. I'm pictured below with Alan and Sonia Call. Alan is the son of Dean, the son of Charles Helaman. This picture was taken today, at the Georgetown chapel on Penang Island in Malaysia. Alan and his wife are here for a year. He works with Intel. We reminisced about our vacation visits to the colonies. He knows Dana Call. He remembers Uncle Mac having a strange sense of humor. Mom, I know you would have been proud of me, if I had made the connection. But I must confess that even though I knew he was a Call before he knew I was a Whetten, he was the first one to bring up the Colonies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, that was funny about Matt and using too much oil. You got the "fat man" laugh out of me and Josh. In case you aren't aware, it's one big wheez before giggling.
I can't believe you found Colony connections. They're everywhere!
Well, I want to chat some more but I guess I should just put it in an email.
I sure do miss you. Having you in Asia makes me miss you even more.
Oh, test your skills at Travel IQ. You have to google it to find the site. I failed when testing in Asia--hopefully you'll do better.
Love ya!
Issa