Sunday, May 2, 2010

Darcy accepted position in S. Korea

On April 26th Darcy sent out the following message:
Dear Family and Friends,

I am thrilled to announce that I have accepted a job teaching English in Korea! I've been planning to do this for a long time and I've finally received and accepted what I think is a good offer. My airfare and housing and 50% health insurance is covered by the school, in addition to a decent salary. My contract lasts 1 year and hopefully I'll pick up some Korean before then. I will begin at the end of June.

I appreciate the support I've received from you all in making this decision. I've always wanted to travel and use my talents and serve others and I feel really good about moving to Korea. This will be an important step in my personal growth as well as my career development.

I will be living in city near Seoul, called Pangyo; all of my friends who lived in Seoul ensure me it's a very nice area. I will be about 75 minutes via subway from the English branch, and about 90 minutes from the temple and there's a Korean branch in my city as well, not to mention the military branch nearby. I've already made contacts with the young single adults in Seoul and I have 5 Korean friends from my graduate program all moving back to Seoul this summer so I've been richly blessed.

I'm currently taking bets on whether I will marry a wonderful Korean guy or meet a gorgeous man in the military branch.

Darcy

No comments: